25.4.09

"A Friend to all, lover to none, that is what I proclaim
hoping for joy, hurt's what I feel, I'm not built for love's game.
Try as I might, true lovers light, remains for me so dark
hopeless romantic fool I am, I still searched for that spark.

Within my life, I've had some love, that lingered in my realm
time after time, give of myself, becoming overwhelmed
like a moth, drawn to the flame, I find I can't refrain
from falling deep in love with those that I just can't obtain.

Why do I punish myself, I've looked both far and wide?
I even looked close to myself, and once again I cried.
With all I have, and want to share, constantly I still fall
I guess I'm not designed for this, or with me love's appalled.

So I give up, looking for "it", for me, I feel no hope
as I plod on through life alone, and find some ways to cope.
A goodbye ode, to love I've had, I've wanted or I've lost
too many tears, my broken heart, was much too high a cost!"


A. P.

0 comentários: